Know Your Rights... Know The Facts
- By law, you may have your car towed to and repaired at any repair facility you choose.
- Only one estimate is required to determine the amount of damage.
- Check with your agent to determine if a rental car is available under your policy.
- Make sure that the insurance company pays for all covered repairs.
- Choose a repair shop carefully. Your future safety depends on quality workmanship today.
Choose a body shop carefully. Ask as many questions you have, until you are comfortable with the body shop.
Call your insurance company and tell them where you would like to have your vehicle repaired. Don't be manipulated by insurance companies’ word tracks. Some insurance companies make you feel that they have your best interest in mind. When in reality they are just managing their bottom line. The reason some insurance companies use carefully crafted word tracks is that the state does not allow insurance companies to "direct", "steer", or "refer" customers to a particular shop (or they are not supposed to), so they have come up with the following word tracks to intimidate the customer into thinking they have to do what the insurance company says.